How to set each photo in to auto exposure in LR3 develop module?

Started Jul 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
suddie1215
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,773Gear list
Like?
Re: How to set each photo in to auto exposure in LR3 develop module?
In reply to Ross Dillon, Jul 19, 2010

There are several ways to do it:

1. Set the Auto-expose for one photo then copy and paste the settings (choose Exposure only in the dialog box that appears) to your other photos

2. Select all the photos you want to adjust. If you look at the Previous button (lower right corner of the Develop module) you will see it automatically change to the Auto-Sync button. There's a small button that look like a light switch to the left of the Auto-Sync button, make sure its in the Up/ON position. Now press the Auto-Tone button and the changes will be made to all your photos. Now turn off the ON switch so that any subsequent changes will not be made to all your selected photos.

3. This is the simplest method. Go to the Library Module > Grid mode. Select all the photos you want to adjust using the Grid and not the filmstrip. Now press the CTRL + U keystroke combination and the Auto-Tone setting will be applied to all the selected images.

Similarly, you can press CTRL + SHIFT + U to apply Auto White Balance to your images.

Ross Dillon wrote:

This shouldn't be this hard, but I can't figure it out.

I'm brand new to LR3 so bear with me. For snapshots I find that the "auto" button in the exposure section of the develop module works just fine and is much faster than I am.

In ACR in CS2 I could select multiple photos and select "auto" and voila.

In LR3 I select them all and click on auto and only the single picture showing gets adjusted. It doesn't appear in the sync window.

Ideas?

-- hide signature --

Roscoe
Big ones eat the little ones, little ones got to be fast. - The Radiators
http://www.rossdillon.smugmug.com

suddie1215's gear list:suddie1215's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow