Stiff Polarizing Filter

Started Jul 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
PeterK
Contributing MemberPosts: 874
Like?
Re: Stiff Polarizing Filter
In reply to Cephus, Jul 18, 2010

Well, for you next CP, try a Marumi Super DHG. I just got one (after using B+W for years) based on tests at http://www.lenstip.com .

It's slim, and turns VERY easily with a slight finger pressure, but doesn't turn on its own. It's such a smooth action that I leave the hood on my 24-105 and 10-22, slide a finger over the hood to the edge of the filter, and I have complete and effortless control of the polarization angle.

This is much easier than any of the B+W's I've had over the years. With the B+W's I ended up just taking off the hood, setting the CP to about half polarizing effect, returning the hood, and leaving it that way, unless there was a very important reason to adjust it. That way I could shoot portrait or landscape without removing the hood to adjust - it was just too much of a pain most of the time.

Now with the Marumi, I can easily adjust the angle for each shot, virtually effortlessly.

Hey, use the lubricant until you feel the need for a new filter. Then try the Marumi.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow