Started Jul 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joshreeter
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
7D portrait work, pro examples?
Jul 16, 2010

I've been lurking around recently and I get this feeling that I may have been a little impulsive on buying a 7D so quickly.. I took a little break from photography and sold my equipment a year ago, I was a broke college kid. Recently, I bought the 7D Kit with a 70-300 from Best Buy. Knowing I was going to upgrade the lenses pretty quickly and I'm at this point now..

I have $3,000 to spend on lenses, however several people have brought up the issues of selling my 7D kit and going full frame and getting a nice lens or two..

I will be shooting mostly portrait/fullbody work and I do love the effects of thin DOF. I guess it just leaves a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth to sell my 7D so quickly and lose money, I've gone past the 14 day return period from Best Buy.

I have seen nothing but excellent IQ from the 5DmkII and the full frame would be great to have for some of the wider primes I want.

What I haven't seen is any 7D examples of pro portrait work, and there may be a reason for that... but if any of you have any good examples of the 7D used in a "studio" environment I would greatly appreciate seeing them.

If I were to keep the 7D, I would probably end up buying the 17-55, 35L and 135L..

Should I cut my loss and go full frame? Can anyone link me to some great work done with the 7D to sway my decision?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow