To keep the G2 or get the GH1.

Started Jul 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
photoSmart42
Senior MemberPosts: 1,380
Like?
Re: $999 deals on GH1
In reply to gregs4163, Jul 15, 2010

gregs4163 wrote:

Really, I just did a WebCrawl search for 20 minutes and the only GH1 for $999 hit was "used". Even if I could of found one it's still $200 over what my budget was.

Not sure what a WebCrawl search is, but I've seen offers for $999 on new GH1 kits out there. $200 price difference is certainly less than your 50% figure, and you end up with a better camera and a MUCH better lens out of it, which was my point. $200 difference is definitely worth getting the better camera.

I don't know about your budget, but I was answering the OP's question on which camera to get, while questioning your 50% price difference figure.

If the G2 is what you want and what you can afford, then go for it. If you can budget for a little more, you can end up with a MUCH better camera. Your best option if you're on a budget is to get a G1 (great deals on that kit!), then budget for a GH2 when that comes out and you can afford it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow