What Quesabesde is saying in bullet point form/bottomline....

Started Jul 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,088Gear list
Like?
What Quesabesde is saying in bullet point form/bottomline....
Jul 14, 2010

To those saying "don't people read other threads" I did a search and couldn't readily find about this so, my apologies in advance, just skip.

My first language is Spanish so decided to take a look- in bullet point form what they are saying is:

• "we have had access to new data regarding future plans of the company focused now on the micro four thirds standard"

• And about that imminent new DSLR which is far from the modular rumors and more in lines of "more of the same" - in line with E-3 and E-30

• We confirmed through non-official sources but of maximum trust/knowledge on this (I will hold Quesabesde on credibility if this turns out to be wrong, but I do think they are a reputable website)

• Even with no new lenses, they will make sure the lenses make it over to micro four thirds

• Improving contrast AF with them is a top priority for the company

• The plan of hybrid camera to use both mounts (as successor to E-3) is not happening

• To focus on mirrorless camera and provide micro four thirds all the way to the professional level is the maximum priority for Olympus

• Until such camera comes out that can match and overcome 4/3rd pro models, Olympus will keep 4/3rds well supported and alive

• It is perceived Olympus is clearly saying so- that 4/3rds is alive

-- hide signature --

Both quesabesde and 43rumors can't be right here. 43rumors has been saying it will be a modular camera so we'll see what happens soon.

So I would imagine this professional grade micro four thirds won't happen for at least 1 more year if I had to guess, maybe two.

What I also read from all this is that 4/3rds won't be cut off immediately but gradually over time.

I am fine with all this. A pro range finder like micro four thirds weather sealed with a few good primes sounds good to me (my own wishes).

--
Raist3d (Photographer & Tools/Systems/Gui Games Developer)
Andreas Feininger (1906-1999) 'Photographers — idiots, of which there are
so many — say, “Oh, if only I had a Nikon or a Leica, I could make great
photographs.” That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. It’s
nothing but a matter of seeing, and thinking, and interest. That’s what
makes a good photograph.'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow