Started Jul 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Darren Greer
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
Now That I Am Shooting More Video - Long Term Storage Help
Jul 14, 2010

Posted this question in storage and media as well, but was hoping for some more input...posting here to get other's thoughts as well:

I've been trying to find hte best way to backup my videos (Haven't shot a lot of video prior to this year, so everything has been just kept on my HD), and have come up with two potential solutions, which I'd like your opinion on:

1) Once I have edited/trimmed and converted my imported video files, and created a DVD from them. Burn a DVD, then save a disk image of the DVD (on my mac as a .img file). Then, delete the source files. In addition, to the physical DVD and the .img, keep an offsite backup of the .img on disk somewhere.

2) Once I have edited/trimmed and converted my imported video files and created a DVD from them. Burn a DVD, then delete the iDVD project and iMovie project files and just keep a copy of the individual movie files.

With option #1, I limit the total amount of disk space required (current DVD I'm working on ends up being about 4.7 GB for the .img file, versus option #2 has about 18GB of source files. So option #1 seems like it would be a lot easier.

Or, is there a better option I am missing? Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Darren Greer
Canon 7D
http://gallery.darrengreer.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow