Started Jul 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Davis
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
K10d - DA 16-50 focus problems
Jul 11, 2010

Since you guys helped me out so much with my dirty sensor I thought I would try you at another problem. For some reason I am having problems getting my lens to get a sharp focus. I took some photos last night at Relay For Life and looked at them this morning and some basic pics were out of focus. I had my camera on AF-C and waited for the "beep" before taking the pic but they still came out out of focus. I do not think it is the lens (hope not), I think it is my settings somewhere.

I was shooting Av mode at f2.8 but my shutter speed was high enough that I should not have got motion blur. I focused on the kid in the center and shot.

So I would appreciate if somebody could look at my photo's data and see if something catches their eye. Sadly, I am not familiar with the metering lever or bracketing. Always wanted to. I believe my AF Point dial was set to AUTO (green). Is this my problem?

BTW, the attached photos are not the greatest. I was in a bad spot and had some pretty decent shadows. I had not PS'ed it yet :-). Just attached it to give you an idea of what I was talking about

Thank you

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow