7D & Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 at Museum of Flight in Seattle

Started Jul 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
John Telleria
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D & Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 at Museum of Flight in Seattle
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Jul 8, 2010

Thanks for the unsharp mask Photoshop tip! I'll definintely give it a try.

No, I didn't make any corrections for the wide angle effect. I wouldn't even know how to correct for it. I still have lots to learn when it comes to using Photoshop and Lightroom. In the Seattle downtown shot, I did crop out the concrete platforms that extended out below and above the observation deck. The platforms were impossible to avoid with the extra wide angle.

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

John, a really nice exposure. A suggestion you try the following. Using Photoshop, apply (USM) Unsharp Mask with settings 40-30-0 and I believe you will like the results.

The images with your Tokina Lens makes it very tempting to look into finding and purchasing one -- even though I have coverage starting at 17mm on the 50D that does a nice job. However, it is obvious the 11-16 allows for some nice images with extended depth of field and somewhat wider angle.

Did you make any corrections for the Wider than normal "wide angle" effect. I detect only very minor wide angle effects.
--
Vernon...

-- hide signature --
 John Telleria's gear list:John Telleria's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow