thinking of switching from D700 to 5d Mark ii... what do you think???

Started Jul 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevinj909
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
thinking of switching from D700 to 5d Mark ii... what do you think???
Jul 7, 2010

Alright.... I'm on the fence. I own the D700. But am considering switching over to the 5D Mark ii and these are my reason why. First of all, I really like the D700... it's a great camera but I feel that I really can't afford the lenses that I'm interested in and I'm not impressed with Nikons lens line up.

I was a Canon guy before my D700... I've owned the 10D, 20D, 30D and the original 5D. When the D700 came out I jumped ship to take a step forward in technology (iso capability). But like I said, the D700's been great, but I really miss some of my old lenses, faster (affordable) primes and my old trusty 24-70 L lens.

So my needs are... image quality (full frame), and iso capabilities up to 1600 (3200 on the occasion) and that's about it. I'm currently shooting with a Zeiss Distagon manual lens so the AF comparison is not much of an issue.

What do you 5D owners think? Are you happy with your Mark ii's? Has anybody owned both? Is noise an issue?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions

-kevin

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow