High quality and/or cheap C-mount lenses?

Started Jun 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
Melbourne Park
Senior MemberPosts: 2,405Gear list
Like?
Almost got a bargain ...
In reply to Anfy, Jul 6, 2010

I "bought" a 58mm Voigtlander lens from our local distributor, its price was $0.00 on the web, with $8.80 postage, so I thought I'll try. Bought it with PayPal. I got a receipt from PayPal, and then I got a receipt and delivery details from the company.

The next day, I got the phone call. "I've refunded your postage. Sorry but our database is crazy, your are not the first". I had a nice conversation with the guy ... told him about getting micro four thirds. I said I already had a '70s Pentax 50mm f1,4, and he said some of those were great lenses. Hmm ... I will try it. My dad died recently and he gave me his gear recently, the F1.4 was in a leather case for it. I'll feel a connection taking shots with it I reckon.

If the database had of said $20, well then I'd have had a legal claim (due to "Consideration". But I would not have pushed them for it, even if the database had of said $20... the lens was a demo, available for $Au379. With a Leica C bayonet. Not a bad buy for Australia.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow