Started Jul 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Telleria
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
7D & Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 at Museum of Flight in Seattle
Jul 5, 2010

A couple weeks ago I took a 3 day weekend trip to Seattle, WA. My first time visiting Seattle. A really nice place to visit in the summmer, especially coming from a hot weather city like Phoenix! It was great to leave the near 110 degree temperatures to a place in the upper-60's/low 70's. And see some rain. Don't see much of that in Phoenix. My first day in Seattle was sunny, blue skies near 73. Knowing clouds and rain were forecast the next two days, I took advantage of the clear skies and took some nice photos/video from the top of the Space Needle and went on a 1-hour harbor cruise, another great way to see the city skyline. The remaining two days were more typical Seattle, cloudy and periods of rain. My final day was spent at Boeing's wonderful Museum of Flight. Aviation buffs who have never visited this museum will LOVE IT! I could have easily spent another day there. So much to see! I'll definitely go back next time I'm in Seattle. I'm so glad I had my Tokina 11-16 2.8 lens with me. I did have my workhorse Canon 70-200mm 2.8L lens in my photo backpack, but I never took it out once at the museum. You need a wide-angle lens for shooting all those big birds. I also had my Canon HFS10 hd camcorder with me and shot lots of hd video as well which I've posted to Smugmug. Below are a few of my shots from the Museum of Flight. All my Seattle photo galleries can be accessed from...

http://desertsky.smugmug.com/Travel/Seattle-June-2010

Retired British Airways Concorde

Air Force One used by Presidents JFK through Reagan..

-- hide signature --
 John Telleria's gear list:John Telleria's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow