Started Jul 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,493
Like?
Interesting experience with NEX in Australian shop
Jul 5, 2010

I went to look at a NEX in a leading shop in Adelaide. It was tucked away on an out of the way shelf where it would not have been noticed if you weren't looking for it. No signs or promotion of any sort. I asked to look at it. Loved the look , general feel and first impressions of build and the viewing screen. And that was as far as I could evaluate it. The sales person had no interest in it at all and seemed to have very little knowledge of it. When a couple of other customers in the store saw it, it caught their attention and they wanted to look at it and discuss it. I obliged. They had never heard of it. Salesperson still had no interest.

Without getting into any discussion here about the positives and minusses of NEX, the abilty of that body design to grab attention was certainly impressive. I don't know what materials/training Sony is giving re the NEX in Oz, or whether the shop/assistant I saw were atypical, but the marketing here (as yet perhaps?) seems to be missing the opportunity to get a real sales winner.
--
Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow