Started Jul 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,737Gear list
Like?
Nex Panorama modes -- 3D and otherwise
Jul 3, 2010

One thing that surprised me a bit was the reduced resolution in these modes. If you want to retain maximum resolution, go back to the old way and use stitching software on your computer.

On the normal Panorama, the height was just over 2k pixels, but of course, it can be quite wide. Maybe this is a bandwidth limitation?

I switched to "down" on the panoramic sweep and held the camera vertically, and that pano was about 8 megapixels. Not too bad, I suppose. But it offers a nice wide angle. Seems like it might be a substitute for a wide angle lens (except for the subtle, occasional stitching errors).

For the 3D mode, all of the photos are 1080 pixels high. Looks like it's optimized for TV, and that's it. Would be nice to have a bit more resolution (at least as an option) in case you wanted to try to get a print out of it, but maybe they want Fuji to have that market. Even the accompanying JPEG is small!

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow