Started Jun 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meyricke
Contributing MemberPosts: 617
Like?
Free alternative to Picasa
Jun 29, 2010

I am scanning a scrap book full of family photos for a friend. I thought it would be a good idea to index them in some way so that I could send her a cd containing the photos and the index.

Picasa 3.5 works brilliantly & the face recognition function makes a really good people index possible. It is also free and almost everyone has it. BUT ...

It really only works well on one computer. Trying to back it up to a CD or to another computer or network is very difficult - it may not be possible at all. I have searched the Google help system & the information from other users etc seems very contradictory. Some give ideas on what to do - which don't work for me. Others say it can't be done.

Does anyone know how to transfer a full database of images, face database etc from one computer to another? Failing that, are there any alternative free packages which will make it easy to store and index the images?

-- hide signature --

Meyricke

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow