Beginners quest: can't build a clients base. How did you do it?

Started Jun 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
lemming2008
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: Beginners quest: can't build a clients base. How did you do it?
In reply to marcio_napoli, Jun 29, 2010

From what I saw in a quick tour, your photography is quite good! Bears mentioning more than it has been so far in the thread.

Web traffic alone unfortunately doesn't get you hired, so I wouldn't worry about that part of the questions you had. The real world networking suggested by others is what gets you in. You must know at least a few people in the industry by now, talk to them.

As others have said about the site, it simply has too much stuff and too little focus. As a client I can't tell which of the 20 'book' etc. options to view in order for you to impress me. Announce which type(s) of photography you do, how to reach you, and provide a simple, immediate set of examples of your best work. A dozen well chosen shots are much more important than all the back alleyways of your current site.

I would also separate out the heavily post-produced/effects-enhanced work from pure photography, but perhaps that's just me.

If you want to present your site in English, find someone who is comfortable in English to write (or at least proofread) it. It's a bad sign for the reader when the first word under 'Career' is misspelled.

lemming2008's gear list:lemming2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow