Started Jun 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yaamon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,739Gear list
Like?
50D with sample photos 70-200mm F2.8 IS II
Jun 29, 2010

I currently have the 70-200mm F4 IS which is tack sharp at all focal length. I did some beach volley ball a few weekend ago with the 70-200mm F4 IS @F4 and wondered how nice would the dof look at F2.8.

I know as a fact comparing the 50D against the 5D II at 100% pixel view it can't compare.

I lent my wife nephew my 5D II and 2 L lens . When I picked up my lens from the store I deal with, he said my relative just placed a oder for a 2x7D he likes to shoot sports, a 2 L lens and a 18-200mm Canon why. I get 5% above cost and no sales tax from my bussiness.

On the drive home I was thinking I would be disappointed if this new lens would need any ma and if there would be any focus issues at any focal length or distance.

This evening I tested out the lens on the 50D body and I'm very impressed at 100% pixel view. I wonder how much better will the 5D II look as previously its a night and day difference. My 7D after getting it last Monday, the next day I dropped it to Canon for AF calibration. Most of lens needed MA and focus was not consistent.

Here is a sample at 70mm F2.8 taken across the street pbase says 15.4 meters.

200mm @F2.8

100% crop of above photo.

Focus where the red arrow points @11.9 meters F2.8

All shot at 0ma as my 50D focuses all my 6 others lens at 0ma.

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D II, 7D, 50D, & Fuji 31fd

Yaamon's gear list:Yaamon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Sony SLT-A35 Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow