Tony Wakefield
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
Re: G1 and 14-140 lens--HELP!!
In reply to kaw209, Jun 26, 2010

kaw209 wrote:

Tony Wakefield wrote:

kaw209 wrote:

Great suggestion, and I did check that early on thinking that might be the problem. The camera is set to AFS, though..

Tony Wakefield wrote:

Make sure the focus mode on the camera body is not set to AFC (Auto Focus Continuous)

-- hide signature --

Kim
Panasonic ZS3
Panasonic G1 + 2 kit lenses
Panasonic FZ30
Raynox 150 & 250
ProMaster 3.5/100 macro 'plastic fantastic'
Olympus FL-36

If everything happens for a reason, what's the reason?!
http://flickr.com/photos/kaw209

Perhaps you should turn the camera off, take the lens out, take the battery out, re assemble everything again and see if that takes care of the problem--sort of a re set. Otherwise, the lens might be defective. I checked with my equipment and did not encouter the same issues that you mentioned.

Thanks Tony. I tried your suggestion, but alas, that didn't fix the problem. Interestingly, the lens also tries to autofocus on it's own when the focus mode is set to MF; somehow, I don't think it should be doing that! I wish we had a camera store here in town so I could go test a different copy of the lens to find out how it is supposed to work.

Sigh. I think it's broken. Time to contact the seller (who, of course, is on vacation for a week!). Thanks for your help!

-- hide signature --

Kim
Panasonic ZS3
Panasonic G1 + 2 kit lenses
Panasonic FZ30
Raynox 150 & 250
ProMaster 3.5/100 macro 'plastic fantastic'
Olympus FL-36

If everything happens for a reason, what's the reason?!
http://flickr.com/photos/kaw209

Sorry to hear that. Mine does not try to autofocus when in manual mode, so I guess there is a problem with your lens. I hate it when that happens! Anyway, good luck

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow