Started Jun 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Will Dias
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Pentax K7 & M lenses
Jun 24, 2010

I have a collection of Pentax M lenses, including my beloved 1.4 50mm. These are now on a K110D, having been used on various film cameras over the years. I am considering upgrading to the new K7, but I an confused. In the K7 review here on DPRevwiew it states:

"The K-7 has a KAF2 bayonet lens mount which can take lenses with a KAF3, KAF2, KAF or KA mount. There's no mechanical coupling to control the aperture on pre-A K-mount lenses, so it's stop-down metering only if you want to use older lenses. "

But I have seen some threads which suggestthe opposite. Could someone who uses a K7 with pre-A lenses please confirm whether M lenses work fully with this camera. I'm not worried about any automatic features. I only want the aperture ring held open while I compose and focus, whatever the setting. It would also be good if I could meter through the lens occasionally (at the moment, I press the AE-L button for a TTL meter in M mode).

Thanks for your help.

Will.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow