Started Jun 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brent Allen Thale
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
Can't photograph OUTSIDE of buildings?
Jun 24, 2010

This is probably a boring story but when I was in LA last week attending the E3 video game show (photos here: http://www.wingedmammal.com/e3_2010/e3_2010.shtml )

I had some time to kill before the show opened so I walked over to Staples Center next door and took some throwaway shots of the statues outside the building, and a guard came over and demanded I identify myself and tell him who I was working for. I showed him my E3 badge and explained the situation and he said they don't allow photography of Staples Center, even the OUTSIDE. I had never heard that one before. I asked him what his justification was and he just gave me a blank unfocused look (he would not really make eye contact like he didn't consider me a person) and said "We have our reasons."

This is the forbidden photo:

Brent Allen Thale's gear list:Brent Allen Thale's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Lol!New
OopsNew
OkayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow