Started Jun 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fritzdcat
Regular MemberPosts: 350
Like?
An alternate forum to replacel DPR
Jun 23, 2010

My passion for the hobby of photography goes back to my teen years. That was in 1945. I made my first contact prints from a light-box when I was 11 years old. Since that time I have owned an example of just about every brand and type of camera including 4X5 press cameras an entered the digital world with Nikon and Canon "full size" SLR replete with many lens for each camera.

I did not discover DPR until May of 2007 and couldn't believe the gold mine of such informative information centered around photography which is shared with thousands of hobbyists the world over. During these 3 years, I decided that compact digital cameras were more useful for my purposes even though I realize the full size SLRs are marginally superior to the compacts.

In the last year it seems that for various reasons, DPR has decided to look upon compacts as "red headed step children" and seldom mention is made to them, no matter what strides they have made to be more competitive to the DSLRs. I'm not questioning their right to made . After all, it is their site and their livelihood.

So my question is. where can I find a new "home" for my hobby that I can participate in rather than be and outsider looking in.

During my 3 years I have also noticed an alarming increase of very rude and abusive comments to beginners who deserve a bit better treatment than they receive.

derFritz

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow