ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florian Wardell
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
7D CF Error
Jun 22, 2010

Hi everyone,

Although this is my first post here, DPReview has been a great help already thanks to the amazing reviews and helpful forums I've been reading for the past few months.

I bought a 7D from Amazon - in fact, I received it yesterday - and immediately bought a SanDisk Extreme 8GB 60MB/s UDMA CompactFlash card.

It worked fine, but after shutter count 1953, I started getting an "Error 02" message during burst mode usage. At first, only big files caused the problem: Medium Jpeg worked fine. I re-formated the card, but noticed that even though I had taken many shots, only 148Kb were detected. The reformat went OK, but the issue persisted.

I then turned the camera off and on, reset all the settings, and since then, the 7D simply refuses to read the CF card ("Card cannot be accessed"). It also refuses to format the card.

I'm going to take the card back to the shop where I bought it tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had similar issues. I hope it's not the 7D. All pins appear to be fine.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow