Started Jun 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joebobb
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Olympus Cameras Used in the Challenges
Jun 22, 2010

Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the rankings of Olympus cameras in the Challenges.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Stats/Brands.aspx?BrandID=14

The placement of the E-3 and E-510 are rather logical - but I was frankly surprised at how much further down the totem pole the E-620 shows up! In fact, the gap between the E-3/E-510 and the next ranking Olympus (E-520) is surprising.

I'd assume the E-3 is there because it is the choice of competitive photographers who enter into the challenges with zeal. The difference between the others I can't clearly understand. Was the E-510 that much more popular/successful than the subsequent E-4XX/E-5XX/E-6XX and E-30 models? If the number of entries/camera correlates at all to the number of cameras in use (for cameras with similar target markets and theoretical user bases) then one can assume that there are twice as many 510's as 520's and 4-5 times more 510's than 620's.

Is this accurate, or is there something else going on here? Or is it just statistical noise?

Kind regards,

JoeBobb

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow