drivers for shooting tethered in Lightroom 3

Started Jun 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
vdotmatrix
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
Re: drivers for shooting tethered in Lightroom 3
In reply to vdotmatrix, Jun 19, 2010

I went to the canon USA site and just for cheap thrills, I updated all the canon software including ieee 1394 drivers and canon utility to cover all bases on drivers.

SOLUTION:

You cannot have both methods enabled in LR3!!

I disabled auto import.

Enabled tethered shooting and crossed my fingers!

IT WORKS!!!

I also tripped the shutter from the Tethered Interface a couple of times.

i went back and ENABLED autoimport and then tripped the shutter and it would NOT work as before.

Auto Import and Tethered Capture are two different approaches:

Auto Import automatically imports photos written by another application (e.g. EOS Utility) into a folder watched by LR and moves them away from that watched folder into a folder designated in the Auto Import Settings.

In Tethered Capture, you set up a folder where to store your photos in. After clicking OK, LR will create the folder(s) for you and you will be presented with the tethered interface .

You can then either release the shutter at your camera, or click the round button to the right of the interface to release the shutter. After shutter release, the photo will be automatically imported into the folder(s) chosen. b_gossweiller

what is nice about the LR3 setup is the simplicity. You don't have to FUTZ around with all the fragile settings in the EOS utility that can mysteriously reset them selves if something is up set during shooting- you have to start the set up sequence ALL over again- what a PITA. Maybe i am not using this properly but who cares.... Then you had to have the auto import settings lined up in LR2 which usually wasn't problematic.

IN COMES LR3 Hurray Everybody.

1. open LR3 2. Start tethered shooting 3. name your session- LR creates the folder for you 4. point to the folder HIT OK!

that's it! plug in your camera. The camera model appears in the tethered interface along with the real time camera settings.

you can release the shutter from the interface or at the camera as before.

BEAUTIFUL!

vdotmatrix's gear list:vdotmatrix's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow