Started Jun 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,450Gear list
Like?
Would you consider a mirrorless FF ?
Jun 19, 2010

There's been a lot of threads lately about mirrorless cameras and whether Pentax will enter that market. There's been even more threads about whether they will enter the FF market. The two aren't mutually exclusive........

It's obvious that posters are looking at EVIL as a means to create small cameras and much of the conjecture is about smaller sensors vs APSC. However, the concept applies no less to LARGER sensors. Perhaps Pentax could create a new niche with a mirrorless FF camera? Those in this forum seeking the advantages of FF in a camera the size of an ME Super could have their wish. Someone's going to do it sooner or later, and if it's a good product they could be very successful. (I suppose, in a way, Leica have already done it with the M9, but I'm talking about one from an affordable brand).

Would you consider buying a small mirrorless FF K-mount camera as an alternative to the bulky conventional offerings from other brands?

Cheers,

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow