Started Jun 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finephoto
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Give up? D90, Sigma 18-200mm, SB600
Jun 19, 2010

I've had this setup for about a year, read the manuals and Ken Rockwell's guides, familiar with using the exposure triangle. Just disappointed with the overall quality of the photos.

Noise. I always seem to have some noise, even on sunny days outside, even with low ISO. Other Nikon users post very crisp, non noisy photos. Turning off D-Active lighting or High ISO NR doesn't seem to take away the noise. I can see noise regardless of my depth of field settings. Beginning to wonder if it's my Sigma 18-200m lens or how I'm using it? Maybe more noise the farther I go?

Video. The video quality just seems poor / noisy and Adobe Premiere CS4 can't play it back. I've heard they fixed this in CS5 which doesn't help me. My little Canon point and shoot (under $300) seems far superior than a D90?!? Other than having tons of indoor lighting and some other editing software, any ideas to maximize D90 video?

Focus. Still prefer to shoot in Single. Auto or Dynamic leave a "buckshot" of focused areas across the picture. Yuck.

Stumped how everyone else gets awesome photos from their Nikon.

finephoto's gear list:finephoto's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D90 Canon EOS 7D Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow