Started Jun 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eyeonwinnipeg
Contributing MemberPosts: 605
Like?
A quick G2 review of the body.
Jun 19, 2010

Well I've been on the four thirds track for a few weeks. I tried the E-P2 which I liked but found it not responsive enough and it also felt too awkward for me. Then I tried a used GF-1 which I liked but I wanted a higher resolution viewfinder. So tonight I went and picked up a G2 from Henry's, and overall this one seems about right.

Out of the box I noticed it has a nice feel and size balance and the EVF and LCD screen work quite well together. The EVF has a good diopter which was enough for my far sighted eyes. The camera is quite small but the buttons seem sturdy and well placed. The touch screen also surprisingly is useful. I like that you can touch to focus very quickly. As has been noted the camera has a soft matt feel to it that seems easy to hold. It does have a rubbery new camera smell that is quite noticeable but I'm sure that will dissipate.

The kit lens seem a bit plasticky but no worse than any entry kit lens. Luckily I kept the Panasonic 20mm when I sold off the Gf-1 body so I'll be mostly using that for now.

I'll try to post a couple of pictures once I can get outside in the daylight. Just my 2 cents.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow