Started Jun 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danaraujo
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Cleaning sensor in a A-200
Jun 18, 2010

After many lens changes in a recent trip to India, several pictures showed some dirt. I fixed all pictures affected with Photoshop. Now I have to clean the sensor ASAP, as I will be leaving for another trip next week.

I visited a photo dealer and the manager told me he doesn't clean sensors. However, he has a sensor cleaner for sale. It looks like a stick with something that can be a piece of felt at the tip. The brand name is Pentax.

I'm afraid to use it, as I've never seen someone doing it. I'm not a sloppy person but I fear the unknown. I've checked the A-200 manual and it teaches how to clean the sensor using a simple manual air blower. Without being an expert, I don't think it can do any good, for the air "blast" is too weak to dislodge every piece of dirt. The manual recommends that no canned air blower be used.

Can someone tell me if the sensor cleaner I described above is easy to use and also effective? I will appreciate your opinion.

Thanks a lot,

Danny

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow