Started Jun 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AVMP
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
HS10 - Reasons for Return
Jun 18, 2010

It was tough to let my HS10 go as I loved it's features, but in the end it's all about the IQ. What was most troubling was how inconsistent the results were and how it takes so many adjustments just to make images barely satisfactory. I soaked up every single tip posted on this forum and others which were truly helpful indeed.

I took the camera to my daughter's graduation ceremony when I kept fighting myself to bring one of my SLRs. Boy did I make a mistake. The images in broad daylight were usable, but when the sun went down that's when the tiny sensor clearly showed I made a big mistake. The flash shots were absolutely horrible and the non-flash shots (ISO 400-800) were very subpar. In the end I was stuck with 4x6 prints as even 5x7's showed too many flaws. On a side note, handed my Canon S90 to my brother who shot in auto mode and the results were a thousand times superior. Problem was he only took a handful of shots and they were directed at hot girls. That was the last nail in the coffin for the HS10 for me unfortunately.

Hopefully, Fuji will further develop the HS10 concept and deliver a slightly shorter range lens with better IQ. I have a gut feeling however that the next one will be 12 MP model and negate any advancement in the IQ department. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I'm wrong, but that has been the trend. Bye, bye HS10.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow