Dell U2711 / multi-monitor setup advice needed!

Started Jun 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kiwidude
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Dell U2711 / multi-monitor setup advice needed!
Jun 17, 2010

Hi all,

Would greatly appreciate any input you can offer. I have only recently got into photography as a hobby, so much to learn but all very exciting.

My current PC setup is a Windows 7 64-bit 6GB PC with dual Dell 2405FPW monitors (used to be three but one died). As my monitors are now 5 years old I am thinking of upgrading at least one of them to a Dell U2711 which seems to be well reviewed.

This would potentially leave me with a dual monitor setup of one Dell U2711 and a 2405FPW (with maybe two of the U2711 at a later date). My graphics card is an EVGA GTX 260 SSC (which I believe has 2 x dual-link DVI). I only casually do a little gaming - at this point I care more about a great setup for PS/Lightroom work and my software development.

So... my questions are:

1. Is there any immediate issue you can see with this setup or recommendations otherwise, such as NEC or whatever?

2. I would look to buy a Spyder3 Elite to calibrate both the displays. Again any issues you would anticipate with doing this and can Windows 7 cope etc?

Many thanks for your responses and help. Budget not really an issue - I've been through the "buy cheap and upgrade" process so many times now I would rather just buy the best for my needs regardless, usually cheaper in the long run!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow