ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Griff01
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
Post your 50mm pics..
Jun 17, 2010

Good afternoon all,

Im in a bit of a quandary over buying myself a new prime lens. I have been trying to decide between the canon 1.4 or the nifty fifty. The 1.4 seems like being commonly perceived as the better lens, with better bokeh etc etc, but im deliberating whether Canon release an updated mkII of the 1.4, with better USM and better performance wide open. Sods law dictates that as soon as i buy the 1.4, canon will release the new lens.

I should add this will be my first prime lens, to supplement my 17-40mm on a 7d.

So heres the cry to get people to post their favourite 50mm shots with either lens, primarily the 1.8. Will i notice the difference?

The other lens ive been considering is the 85mm 1.8, which doesnt have the build quality issues of the 50mm 1.4, and supposedly is superb optically. Yet im concerned this may be too long indoors (id be using whichever prime for a mix of indoors and outdoors shots, out and about travelling etc)....also im guessing the 50mm length is more "alround" than the 85mm? Again, feel free to post any shots taken with the 85mm!!

Thanks,
--
Chris
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisgriffey/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow