Started Jun 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429Gear list
Like?
G11: IS and poor memory.
Jun 17, 2010

I have a poor memory and it is not getting any better with age.

The problem I have is that I am out on a photo-walk and decide to take some shots using a small tripod. I have usually taken a dozen or so before I remember to turn off the G11's IS.

However the bigger problem occurs when I revert to handheld for the majority of my shots and I invariably forget to turn IS back on. I did this yesterday and kept wondering why many of my shots weren't sharp when I reviewed them on the LCD and it was over an hour before I realised that IS was still off.

When most of the camera settings are displayed permanently on the LCD why does the IS icon only stay on the screen for a few seconds at start up and why is IS not an option for the shortcut button? Are there technical reasons for this or is or they just 'design' decisions.

If either of these changes were made it would, imo, be a big improvement and make my life a lot easier.

Or is it only me that has this problem?

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow