Manual focus assist on EPL1 - suggestions for EPL1 fw...

Started Jun 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ghostwheel
Regular MemberPosts: 116
Like?
Manual focus assist on EPL1 - suggestions for EPL1 fw...
Jun 13, 2010

The E-PL1 is amazing, and I learn new stuff every day.

I have one main gripe with it - the UI to manual focus - maybe I am still missing some info....

First, I don't like it that when I press the zoom button, I first see a green rectangle that I can move, and then I have to press zoom again to zoom. I'd prefer to zoom streight in. The focus rectangle is already displayed on screen - it could be used for the center of the manual focus area, too. I always end up being in the wrong mode - when I want to change the image parameters, I keep moving the green square around instead.

The second, smaller problem is with the 'info' button to adjust zoom level. I usually zoom in/out with the zoom button. But once you are in the mode that changes the zoom level, (i.e. after pressing 'info'), the zoom button doesn't do anything. You have to press 'info', and then 'zoom'. Zoom button should remain active.

I actually think that a better interface might be right zoom button to zoom in on an area, press same button again for further zoom in, and press the left zoom button to zoom out. And, possibly the image parameters could still be displayed while zoomed.

Do you have any suggestions of how to use this better?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow