Help advice, switching from olympus maybe...(Rocky mountain national park pictures)

Started Jun 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Happysack
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Help advice, switching from olympus maybe...(Rocky mountain national park pictures)
Jun 13, 2010

So I primarily do Wild life photography, I love landscape too but I got a long way to go before I feel confident in my landscape work. I love all facets of photography but these are my two favorite and the 2 I would like to go into professionally shooting.

I sold my Olympus E520 and most of my Oly gear, I have a 25mm ext tube left that hasn't sold yet. I really didn't want to sell off my Oly gear but I really want different tele lens choices and more FPS than Olympus can currently offer. I want to go Full frame, if oly would offer a FF I wouldn't jump ship I'd buy a E3 and Whatever they're FF was but I think I'm jumping to Canon and getting the 7D and 5DMK2, 7d for wildlife 5d for everything else.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, the E3 is awesome I've used it once before, its weather proof which I need and I could get the big boy lenses from Oly but to break 200mm with oly your looking at 5k for the 300mm and theres nothing beyond 300mm

Canons L series teles are nice, moderately priced for me till I could afford the big toys.

I am also considering getting the 5d and the E3 and doing dual system... I duno what to do I really love Zuiko glass!

Heres my final farewell to Olympus I went to the rocky mountain national park with some friends the other day before I shipped everything out. (Should have went alone so I could shoot more and less in the car! :))

advice is appreciated, CC on the photos is welcome too

-- hide signature --

The only things out of reach are the things you don't reach for.

Happysack.deviantart.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Huh?New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow