group release

Started Jun 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
chasg
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,329
Like?
long exposure?
In reply to lecrack, Jun 13, 2010

How about a tripod-mounted long exposure? Not so long that everyone disappears, of course, but long enough to show the space is full of happy not-sitting-still-really-bored people. If you have the B&G on board, you can get them in shot, but still (perhaps tightly lit, to get some edges). Of course, choose your settings to make sure that the room looks its best, then light the B&G to taste.

I did something like this recently at a Bat Mitzvah: I had my assistant light the centre of the swirling dance, while a shutter speed of (I think) 1/15 allowed everyone else to blur (a pretty typical technique for this situation). I was standing on a chair (and the light was way high on a monopod), but if I'd managed to lock my camera in place, I could have gotten the room nice and sharp (it wasn't that hot a room, so I didn't try).

Having only two recognisable faces is going to be a lot easier to deal with than 200

Best of luck!

Chas

lecrack wrote:

I'm doing photos for a banquet facility and have been asked to take photos of a wedding this weekend that is being held there (for use on the facilities website).

I'm not sure how I should handle the legalities here. I believe the facility will be getting the bride & groom's permission to do this, but I'm worried about the other hundred or so people that will be there. The facility wants shots of the room filled with people...but I have serious doubts I'd be able to have hundreds of people in various states of inebriation sign release forms.

How is this generally done?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow