Started Jun 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
distracted
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
S90 first impressions
Jun 13, 2010

I have just got the S90 and taken it out and around today. I shot some RAW and some L jpeg. My RAW files don't seem near as sharp or focused. I am guessing this is due to in camera jpeg settings? In any case, for what I intend to use this camera for, shooting jpeg produces very nice results. I will read up some more on the RAW files though.

I have had a lot of P/S cameras over the years...Sony, Olympus, Fuji, Nikon to name a few. I am impressed at what this little camera has to offer compared to what I have seen in the past. It is not a DSLR and you are not going to get the results you would from a 1D series camera or 5d2, which is what I am using currently. It is a great side kick though! It takes a lot better images that the camera you didn't bring with you because it was "too much gear" or would be awkward to have a big DSLR around.

I have read about this camera size feeling awkward and fumbly in the hand without the after market grip solution. I don't feel that I need the grip...but I do have small hands. However, the comments on the back dial being a pain and getting turned off the correct setting all the time because it moves so freely, totally true. It can be a pain. I noticed that I changed settings a couple of times. I have already started to adjust the way I hold the camera so maybe that won't happen too often.

I had thought about waiting for the refresh on this model...but who knows when that will be. Heck, this isn't a ton of money. I will just pick up the new model when it comes out if it seems to offer a real benefit and pass this one on to one of my children.

I appreciate the input on this camera here on the forum and hope to pick up tips on how to get my best images out of it now!

Many blessings,
Beth

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow