Canon 7D - Battery

Started Jun 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
MisterPootieCat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,027Gear list
Like?
I think it's the transmissive viewfinder
In reply to Kirk Tuck, Jun 13, 2010

Kirk Tuck wrote:

In the manual it tells you to remove the battery when not in use. It drains continuously even when the camera is turned off. I will have a battery at 100% charge in the camera, come back two days later and it's 92 or 93% charge. No frames fired, no chimping. I think the battery applies a constant recharge to the internal time/date/resources battery.

Try charging and then removing the bat for over night storing and see if that's behind the issue. I get about 1,000 images on a batt but only about an hour's worth of video.
--
Austin based portrait photographer and author of the book series, Minimalist
Lighting, and the book Commercial Photographers Handbook. http://www.kirktuck.com

I noticed early on that the 7D battery drains much faster than my 40D does when turned off. I'm guessing it's the new viewfinder technology that causes this.

For the OP: my battery seems to be lasting a lot longer now that I've recharged it a half dozen times. And I don't sit around in the office playing with the menus as much either. So it's probably a combination of the two but right now I'm very happy with the LP-E6 battery life.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow