Started Jun 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Al Tag
Regular MemberPosts: 116
Like?
CS5 installation
Jun 12, 2010

After 5 hours, 2 tech support people, 3 install and uninstalls, I have given up. I wanted to upgrade my excellent CS3 to CS5 from the DVD I purchased from the Adobe Store. During installation, I got the dialog message,"we've encountered the following issue: you are already running another Adobe installer. Please close all other installers to continue with this installation." I had all other programs and anti-virus closed. After installation, when I attempted to open CS5, I got the dialog message, "The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc00000ld). I can open Bridge but when attempting to open an image in Camera Raw, I get the message, "Camera Raw editing is not enabled".

Adobe Tech support, after the remove/install, recommended a complete uninstall of all Adobe products and a re-install of CS5. I would not agree to this because all of my Adobe products software is fully operational. I have PS7 and CS3 image editors on the machine.

Has anyone else had installation problems with CS5? Anyone have any suggestions? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Al Tag

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow