Started Jun 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark B UK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?
Screen calibration for new iMac 27in i7
Jun 11, 2010

Tomorrow I'm due to take delivery of my new iMac i7 27in - thanks to those on this forum who advised me, I finally took the decision to upgrade from an old PowerPC MacPro, enabling me to also uprate to Aperture 3.

I'd like to calibrate the screen so it gives me an accurate idea of how prints made on my Epson R1800 printer will look. I'd be grateful for recommendations for a monitor calibration product that will do this well. My first priority is that it's easy to use, the second that it's accurate, the third that it's cheap, and the last that it's versatile - in other words, I'd prefer a basic model that does the standard job well, and easily, rather than something with a lot of obscure features I will never use.

Someone has recommended the Colorvision Spider 3 Express to me. Is this a good choice? If not, what should I choose?

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow