non DSLR with Manual zoom AND Manual focus rings

Started Jun 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,409Gear list
Like?
Re: non DSLR with Manual zoom AND Manual focus rings
In reply to MusicDoctorDJ, Jun 11, 2010

MusicDoctorDJ wrote:

Always cracks me up when people bring up the price point of a bridge camera being in the same ballpark as a DSLR.

Heck . . . a Dodge Ram, Ford or Chevy/GMC truck can cost more than a Lincoln Town Car . . .

Dude! The OP said he wanted a DSLR but could not afford it. That's why I mentioned the cost of the DSLR. Crack that up.

As with ANY camera, once you get used to the EVF of the higher end bridge superzooms, manual focus is very easy.

I can quite happily get used to an EVF on a larger sensor cam like the EP-2. Heck, I can even focus well on the LCD of the PEN EP-2. It's certainly not the same with my older bridge cam.

And to be perfectly honest, most cropped-sensored DSLR viewfinders are almost (notice I said "almost") impossible to manual focus, not to mention that DOF preview is not accurate like in an FF digital or 35mm film SLR and really not any easier to use than the EVF of my FZ50 or other superzooms.

Sure. That's why I emphasised that the OVF has to be clear.

• Manual focus handheld shot from my FZ50:

Took this shot during the first week I owned the FZ50 (frame number 189) . . .

Good on ya.

-- hide signature --

Ananda
http://anandasim.blogspot.com

'There are a whole range of greys and colours - from
the photographer who shoots everything in iA / green
AUTO to the one who shoots Manual Everything. There
is no right or wrong - there are just instances of
individuality and individual choice.'

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow