Lightroom 3

Started Jun 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
dylanear
Senior MemberPosts: 2,520Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 3
In reply to gurujeet, Jun 11, 2010

You won't be able to use the new raw engine (ACR 6+) in older Photoshops. I think it's another Adobe rip off. They should release ACR versions for the last few versions of Photoshop if you ask me.

However! You can open your raw in Lightroom 3 and then load it into Photoshop from inside LR. But you won't be able to use the new raw conversion for merge to HDR or pano stitching etc, which for me is the deal breaker. But for most people that should be fine. And you can also convert in Lightroom, output a 16bit tiff or psd and then open those in HDR merge/pano stitch, but that's a total pain.

gurujeet wrote:

I already got out the credit card and paid the $99. I wanted the new RAW engine and better noise reduction.

I'm sticking with PS CS4 though. Now that I have LR3 and do most of my work there I don't see any compelling reason to go to CS5. I barely scratch the surface on its features as is.

My one concern is that it sounds like the new RAW engine is for CS5 only. Am I going to have compatibility issues with LR3 and CS4?

dylanear's gear list:dylanear's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus PEN E-P5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow