Any other Subaru owners out there? Post your Subie!

Started Jun 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,795Gear list
Like?
Re: Any other Subaru owners out there? Post your Subie!
In reply to U2hertz, Jun 11, 2010

Gidday U2H

So do I, mine is the one behind the red one ...

1993 build date; 250K+ on the clock; very few repairs; serviced now and then (except for the 100K services, which I have done more or less when due ... ).

I would never have bought this had the Forester been available at the time, but it is a fabulous touring car - probably the best I have ever driven. All the money has gone into the car from the door sills down (body shell rigidity, engine, suspension, drive train) so it is fairly basic in some ways.

The nearest I have come to it for fail-safe handling is the Jensen Interceptor ff . The E-type Jaguar FHC, Ferrari 250LM and 275LM, and Aston Martin DB5 that I have driven were not in the same league for sheer handling; even though mine is the really gutless 1800cc engine, and the really heavy hatchback body ... Still, a very nice 110 mph AWD sporty car. I like it.

Mind, I would rather own the E-type, but my licence wouldn't last five minutes. I drove one on the open road for around 300 miles back in the late 1960s ... Pretty quick ...

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
-- -- --

The Camera doth not make the Man (or Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...

Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/main.php

Bird Control Officers on active service.

Member of UK (and abroad) Photo Safari Group

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow