Started Jun 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,767Gear list
Like?
From Nikon User - Why Pentax?
Jun 10, 2010

Some history - current Nikon user. Last twenty years have used Nikon and Canon. Tired of the lenses. Big, heavy, plastic and expensive. Now Nikon makes their first constant f/4 zoom and it's bigger than their 2.8's.

Lately have been really getting into primes and not happy with Nikon's lineup. Canon, a bit better. Have been going back and forth the last few months looking at all the reviews, the cost, the size, etc.

...and than tonight I start looking at these Pentax Limited's. Small, relatively cheap (Nikon's 24 1.4 is $2200.00 USD), aluminum (What, not plastic?), very well made and from what I see sharp and contrasty. Right now I'm thinking Pentax is the poor man's Leica plus autofocus. Their prime lline-up is impressive.

I've never even considered Pentax until today. It looks like they have exactly what I'm looking for in a prime lens lineup. What are other plusses on the Pentax side of thing?

John

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow