Tips for using Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 with 550D?

Started Jun 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KatManDEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,536
Like?
Tips for using Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 with 550D?
Jun 9, 2010

I rented a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 to try with my 550D for a week, and take it on a senic train rid this comming weekend. Does anyone have any tips for getting the most out of this lens with the 550D?

I just got the rented 17-55 this evening, and so far shots with it don't really look any better than shots I've been getting with the 18-55mm kit lens. I went for a short walk around the neighborhood and tried to duplicate some shots I took a few days ago with my nifty fifty 1.8, using the 17-55mm at about 50mm, and the shots actually look worse in general that the shots with my nifty fifty.

I wasn't expecting eye popping differences, since I've been very impressed with shots I have been getting with the glass I own. I'll be dissapointed if I can't get better shots with the rented 17-55mm, but not near as dissapointed as I would be if I shelled out the coin to purchase one and didn't see any real differences

I'm sure my limited skills are the limiting factor.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow