ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andras Fabian
Contributing MemberPosts: 706
Like?
R1 : Mountains of Passubio and North of Lago di Garda
Jun 8, 2010

Hi STFers,

Yes, I am still a lazy poster (and I am afraid, that wont change ), and apologize for that. But, as spring is over and turns more and more into summer, my hiking/outdoor season has started too. And this means - of course - that there will be more photos of the Alps from me again.

One of my trips took me - two weeks ago already - to Northern Italy, north of Lago di Garda, a famous lake in the region. And although I didn't see much of the lake, the more did I see the surrounding mountains.

My trip was comprised of a mixture of activities. Pure sport rock climbing, doing via ferratas (fixed rope routs) to "classic" hiking. And - almost - always the R1 with me.

One of our most impressive trips took me to the mountains of Passubio. A jagged, rocky cliff landscape with great natural beauty. But also a memorial place, to showcase the horrors and absurdity of war. Yes war, as the first world war raged for some years in this barren landscape, and left a lot of traces still visible ... One of the most famous being the Strada delle 52 Gallerie , a passage of 52 tunnels, with the sole purpose to bring supplies to a front line ... and murder humans ... You can read a bit more here:
http://addiator.blogspot.com/p/strada-delle-52-gallerie.html

OK, enough history and story telling. Of course, I have a few pictures from the trip for you. You can see all of them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/weathermaker/sets/72157624155664948/

And a few example are here for your enjoyment. Look at them, like them, dislike them ... and let me know your thoughts.

Panorama from Comano (see bigger one at Flickr)

Valle del Sarca looking south

Valle del Sarca looking north

Hermitage of San Colombano

Passubio in the morning

Passubio at sunset

Strada delle Galerie 2

Strada delle Galerie 4

Windows in the tunnels

And stay tuned, as more pictures from an even newer trip are on their way (will post them today/tomorrow). From the Bavarian Alps ...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow