How do you use your iPad?

Started Jun 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
Lee Beasley
Senior MemberPosts: 2,334Gear list
Like?
Starting at Breakfast
In reply to Talarspeed, Jun 4, 2010

I use it to read the morning paper; then I check the weather and the traffic on it before leaving home. I run slideshows on it--that's simple and effortless. I read my Kindle books on it--it's much brighter and prettier than the actual Kindle, which I rarely turn on any more. I might do anything from sending an e-card to playing a game when I have a minute or two.

There are some fun apps for manipulating photographs--nothing serious, just fooling around. My grandchildren love the books, comics, and educational games. The iBook store has a lot of children's offerings, including a nice line of inexpensive Disney books.

I often use it to look up a recipe to serve for dinner--Epicurious is fun and there's a new Betty Crocker cookbook app that has a lot of fast and easy dishes. Videos look gorgeous on it--I can sit outside with the dog in the evenings and watch a movie while he plays around. Sometimes I just thumb through the App Store to see what's new and free. I'm a clock freak, so I have a number of fun clocks. If I'm not doing anything else with mine, it's often just displaying a clock face.

Obviously, it's great for podcasts or YouTube videos, too. I have a desktop and laptop Mac, but the iPad is unique. It's whatever you want it to be.

I like it so much, I bought the keyboard for it, which adds another dimension entirely. Oh, I also use it for the iWork apps--writing letters, making quick spreadsheets or presentations--you name it.

I really don't use it much as an iPod (there's a device for that). If I want to listen to music, I mostly turn on last.fm or Pandora. They don't take up much space on the flash memory and it's more fun than just listening to the same library all the time.

Lee Beasley's gear list:Lee Beasley's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow