Started Jun 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rdspear
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,219
Like?
Licensing question
Jun 3, 2010

My company is asking for internal submissions for artwork for a new facility. I've already been published on the cover of our annual calendar and many times on internal websites, but the licensing for this submission seems a bit far. It appears that I'm giving away all rights and they can do anything with it they chose - I no longer own it in any way. Am I reading too much into it?

"Participant hereby grants XXX a perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of right, title and interest in and to the Selected Artwork, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, the right to exploit, modify and edit the Selected Artwork in any manner, throughout the world, without restriction".

I'm fine granting rights to use it, perpetually, etc., but the "right, title" part concerns me. So does "transferable".

Any comments? I'm an amateur hobbyist so I'm not concerned about revenue, just losing control of what I created.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow