Started Jun 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Bunney
Regular MemberPosts: 200
Like?
BestBatt battery incompatible with the European G2
Jun 3, 2010

Yesterday I just received two batteries described by BestBatt as being replacements for the BLB13E, but when trying them, the camera reported they couldn't be used and closed down.

On their website BestBatt list their replacement as compatible with several other Panasonic cameras including the G1 and GH1, but doesn't mention the G2, all three of whose manuals specify the BLB13E.

I emailed BestBatt and received a prompt and courteous reply confirming the incompatibility with the G2, and a refund on return of their incorrect batteries.

I'm not too exercised about the situation and don't blame BestBatt for it, except that they appear to have been wrong in recommending their battery as a substitute for the BLB13E - which my experience shows is not true for a BLB13E in the G2.

But I don't understand why there should be two versions of the BLB13E, and so assume that Panasonic has added some further firmware measures to the G2 which add to the checks applied to the G1 and GH1, and prevents other suppliers from offering more reasonably-priced alternatives, at least for G2 owners.

Anyone yet found and successfully tested another non-Panasonic battery for the G2?

John Bunney

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow