Started Jun 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
patrickhall
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179
Like?
This is how you shoot a headshot
Jun 2, 2010

I have been a part of this message board for a long time now and I know people have always complained that the "PRO Digital" section is often filled with no professional questions and photographers (which is okay to some degree). So I thought I'd post a little video I just finished editing that features the top headshot photographer in New York City, Peter Hurley.

I found it really interesting how Peter runs his business and the personal interaction he has with his clients. Most photographers would probably feel like they could never talk to a new client the way that he does but nothing could be further from the truth. Peter breaks down the wall that most normal people have when placed in front of the camera and if that means being brutally honest, sarcastic, funny, or sometimes vulgar, then you do what ever works.

The end of the video also features photos he took during the filming of the final episode of LOST out in Hawaii.

This whole thing was shot with 3 Nikon D300s cameras. Hope you guys enjoy and from a video standpoint I'd appreciate any feedback (I know there are issues with the interview framing and decreasing outdoor light).

http://www.fstoppers.com/fstoppers-original-peter-hurley-exposes-the-perfect-headshot/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GoodNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow