Do you regret your D700? (and wish you'd got a 5D Mk2?)

Started May 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wulbert
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Do you regret your D700? (and wish you'd got a 5D Mk2?)
May 31, 2010

I've paid a deposit on a new D700 and just need another paycheck to go in and collect it. (price £1,700 GBP with the MB10 grip for free from Nikon) I'm getting slightly cold feet however, at the thought of spending that much money on a camera which has no HD Video, which I would use for short clips of my kids.

My gut tells me that of any two products at the same price point, the one with all the "features" will usually be poorer at it's stated function. However maybe the D700 is just old hat.

All this talk of an imenant replacement for the D700 is making me jittery. Should I wait a few weeks and see if a D700x is launched? If it was on sale for significantly more than the D700 then I would not be concerned, I'm happy to save a few hundren quid with "last year's model". However if it offered more (HD Vid, more MP's) for similar money I would be pig sick.

Balancing all this madness is the cold sober fact that I'm not taking any pictures, I'm at home reading forums.

So, have any of you people regerted your purchase? What would you do in my position?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow