Does the T2i record video with auto focus or you have to press that button..

Started May 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Travis
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,177Gear list
Like?
Re: Does the T2i record video with auto focus or you have to press that button..
In reply to Danjojo, May 31, 2010

danjojo wrote:

Might want to look at the Sony NEX in a few weeks...will be the only one APS-C or larger camera with video continuous auto-focus...some other very nice feautures also and it can fit in a cargo pocket with ease with pancake lens attached.

Unfortunately, the NEX will not have any manual control for shooting video. That's also a deal-breaker for many who have video as a top priority. The Panasonic GH1 really is the best choice for someone who wants a hybrid camera with an emphasis on video.

I have both the GH1 and the Canon T2i. The T2i's 1080p/30 mode combined with the APS-C sensor are its main advantages, whereas the 14-140 lens (which autofocuses quickly and silently during video) and the articulating LCD are the GH1's main advantages. IMO, the T2i shoots better photos, and of course there's a much larger selection of lenses to choose from.

Travis
--
http://travisimo.smugmug.com/

Travis's gear list:Travis's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow